ALL CARS MUST BE AT THE TRACK & INSPECTED BY 1:00P.M.
GATES OPEN AT 12:00P.M.- RACE STARTS AT 2:00P.M.
MANDATORY DRIVER’S MEETING 1:30P.M. SCORERS MEETING 1:45 P.M.
1. First car to complete 200 laps or the race leader at the end of 2 hours is the winner.
2. Each entry must provide own scorer. A special area will be reserved for the scorers where they can follow the instructions of the head scorer. Chief scorer will have the final determination of the finishing order . All scorers must bring a clip board. Scorer sheets will be distributed at the scorers meeting at 1:45p.m.
3. Starting positions will be determined by first in line.
4. Cars with breakdowns or cars in accidents will remain on the track. All remaining cars will avoid them while continuing the race.
5. The red flag will be displayed as appropriate for safety reasons or if the track is completely blocked and racing cannot continue. All cars must stop for a red flag. Once blockage is cleared, the race will be restarted with the cars in the same position as before the red flag. Any accident cars that can continue, may do so. No other stopped cars can be moved or pushed out of the way during a red flag by competitors.
6. Cars will be allowed to enter the pits for repair or servicing. Re-entry to the racing surface will be allowed as the ramp official indicates. During any red flag period, the track entrance and exit will be blocked.
7. Once the checker is displayed, the race is officially over. Cars will be scored as they pass the finish line on the leaders final lap. Each car will be scored considering how many total laps they completed and their final position on their final lap.
8. All minors must have a waiver signed by both parents. NO EXCEPTIONS. Call the track for minor release forms.
9. Pit stops in the pit area must be done in an orderly and safe fashion. All driver changes must be approved.
10. Any driver getting out of the car during the race without authorization will be disqualified with no refund.
11. Cars will be inspected prior to the race and may be re-inspected after the completion of the race per the officials.
12. Cars will be in line, race ready, when called for, up to one hour prior to race time. Any car not in line by the final announcement by the pit steward will lose starting position.
13. No refunds will be made if a competitor is unable to start the race for any reason.
14. Helmets Mandatory!!! Fire suit is recommended. Cotton long sleeve protection required.
15. Driver’s have 12 hours to remove vehicle from premises or it will become property of the track.
16. No two-way radios.
17. No use of drugs or alcoholic beverages by driver or crew. Use of these will result in immediate disqualification and removal from pit area and or premises.
18. Once your car enters the pit area, it may not be removed. If removed, disqualified with no refund.
19. Any winning car may be purchased for $1000.00 exchange by any top 10 car, except seat and fuel cell. If sale is refused must forfeit winnings.
20. An unofficial finish will be announced within 1 hour or as soon as Chief scorer has official finish .
The Car Body:
1. Any 1948 or newer, with a 105″ wheel base (minimum). No 4-wheel drives, Corvettes, convertibles, or trucks. 1-A” Steel Body Bombers may be used if approved by officials.
2. Doors must be painted white or black with contrasting numbers full height of doors. Numbers must be on roof to be readable from scorers tower.
3. Car must be strictly stock. No bracing of any kind allowed. No cutting, chopping, channeling or shortening allowed. Body sheet metal must be kept in place at all times. Stock floor pan, firewall, and wheel wells must remain in stock position. All holes in firewall and floor must be covered. Right front fender may be enlarged for tire clearance.
4. Hood and trunk lid must be fastened shut. All doors must be chained, bolted or welded shut.
5. All glass must be removed. Even windshield.
6. All chrome moldings, ornaments, door handles, or plastic components must be removed.
7. Headlamps, side marker lamps, turn signal lamps and tail stop lamps must be removed. No lights of any kind.
8. Rear seats and front passenger seat (if split or bucket) must be removed.
9. Seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness firmly attached is mandatory.
10. Complete bumper to bumper steel uni-body must remain intact.
11. Front and rear bumpers required-no reinforcements-no trailer hitches.
12. Driver protection bars recommended. ROLL BARS REQUIRED!!! When installed, they must remain inside the door sheet metal and may not pass through any firewall, may not reinforce the body or frame, or may not alter the geometry of the car. Any installation will be for the sole purpose of extra safety for the driver. All bars must be contained within the cab area. No bracing in front or rear of car.
13. All cars must have simple roll over protection bars consisting of:
A. Hoop behind driver the full width of cab area.
B. 2 braces forward and rear to floor supporting roll over bar. (No bars may pass through firewall).
C. NO ROLL BARS- NO RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D. Two brace bars allowed from roll cage back to front base of kickup.
E. Roll Bars made of 1 ½ inch diameter with minimum thickness of .065
14. No exterior or interior mirrors.
15. Larger radiators permissible if they fit in stock radiator cradle. No antifreeze!!
1. All suspension parts must be absolute stock for that make, model, year with no modifications. NONE!! No lumber, chain, spacer, cutting or welding allowed.
ENGINE, CARBURETOR, TRANSMISSION AND REAREND
1. Engine must be strictly stock for that make, model, year and in its original mounts. No dual line or double-pumper carburetors- one 2bbl. Or one 4bbl. Only. Must be stock for the car. Stock intake and exhaust only. No center dumps unless stock to car and motor.
2. ALL ENGINES MUST HAVE STOCK VALVE COVERS. NO ROLLER ROCKER. MAY BE INSPECTED BEFORE AND AFTER THE RACE.
3. Any stock transmission allowed.
4. No headers. Exhaust pipe must exit behind driver in front of rear wheel well.
5. Drive shaft must have hoop.
6. Rear-end must be stock for the make, model, year.
7. Battery may be moved into cab area, covered and securely fastened.
8. No guards for radiator.
9. Fuel Cell must be used, mounting must not reinforce rear frame area. If fuel cell is lower than trunk floor a guard must be securely strapped to frame. All fuel Cells must be inside of frame rails max of 32 gal. fuel cell. Use 2″ square tubes maximum to mount it. No reinforcing of rear of frame, can repair broken rear frames with flat stock. Must have check valve in overflow tube!
10. Stock mechanical fuel pumps only. No electric fuel pumps unless stock to model, make, year and must have manual shut off for electric fuel pumps.
TIRES AND BRAKES:
1. Safety wheel required must be steel only, stock ok, stock wheel width.
2. No truck tires, gumball or shaving of tires. All tires subject to approval of chief inspector. Snow tires are permitted (NO STUDS). No lightweight or aluminum wheels. Safety wheels highly recommended. NO BEAD LOCKS!!!!!!!!
3. All cars must have brake systems in good operating condition.
ENTRY FEE must be cash. NO CHECKS!!!! PAYMENT must be made on race day. Entry fee includes: Car registration, Driver pit pass & Scorer.
Pit Passes $20.00.
Grandstand General admission $3.00 6 & up. 5 and under free.
NO ONE UNDER 12 ALLOWED IN PITS.
NO ONE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE ALLOWED IN PITS WITHOUT A MINOR’S RELEASE WAVER SIGNED BY BOTH PARENTS.
REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN AT 12:00 P.M. ON RACE DAY AND END AT 1:00 P.M. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON.